This is a show about video games, the people who play them and the people who make them. Each episode, a guest on the show talks about the games that have shaped their life in one way or another. Games that have inspired them, games that forged connections with others & games that have soothed wounds. Checkpoints!
Checking for AUTOSAVE.
Ah, the 20th of October 2016, simpler times. I attended the 4th Games are for Everyone event at the Caves in Edinburgh. A mixture of art gallery, videogame arcade and club night, the labyrinthine venue was transformed into an interactive wonderland including real life haunted houses, yoga ball controllers, awkward arcades, competitive hugging and a Moby Dick game you control with a giant piece of drift wood.
I spoke to the organisers of the event and many of the developers who had created the incredible work on display.
- We Throw Switches (the organisers, curators and box carriers) - https://twitter.com/WeThrowSwitches
- Vaida Plankyte (Competitive Cuddling Simulator) - https://twitter.com/underskinnyhrt
- Niall Moody (Hummindbird) - https://twitter.com/NiallEM
- Aubrey Hesselgren (The World Is Flat) - https://twitter.com/HilariousCow
- Cesar Parent (Gravity Pong) - https://twitter.com/cesarparent
- No Code (The House Abandon) - https://twitter.com/_NoCode
- James Medd (The Awkward Arcade) - https://twitter.com/awkward_arcade
"Hey I just met you, and this is crazy, but here's my number, call me Ishmael."
PATREON! - patreon.com/checkpoints
iTunes HERE - SUBSCRIBE / RATE / REVIEW
Twitter - twitter.com/CheckpointsShow
Cover design: Craig Stevenson - http://onedinosaurandhisballoon.blogspot.co.uk
Music: Samuel Baker - http://soundcloud.com/furoshiki