This is a show about videogames, the people who play them and the people who make them. Each episode, a guest talks about the games that have shaped their life in one way or another. Games that have inspired them, games that have forged connections & games that have soothed wounds. Checkpoints!
This is a special live episode of the podcast recorded on the 20th January 2018 at the All Your Bass videogame music festival in Nottingham.
Joining me on the show to talk about their work and the games that inspired them are:
- Rob Hubbard - Hugely influential videogame composer most commonly associated with his incredible C64 soundtracks for games like Commando, Spellbound and Sanxion.
- Paul Kilduff-Taylor - Human calendar and co-founder of Mode 7 Games.
- Alastair Lindsay - Head of Audio at Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe
- Coral Manton - PhD researcher, lecturer in Digital and Game Design and algoraver.
- James Newman - A video game professor, author and one of the brains behind the festival.
It was such an excellent weekend, huge thanks to the NVA for asking me to come along. Do make sure and bookmark the website or follow them on twitter to find out about all their upcoming events.
"Well I think I'm gonna leave a long bomb line... "
PATREON - patreon.com/checkpoints
iTunes HERE - SUBSCRIBE / RATE / REVIEW